Chief gust: Mr. D. SATHIYA RAJA, B.Sc (Agri).,CAIIB.,PGDMM., – Bank Manager – Canara Bank,
- He delivered lecture on origin and development of banking companies in India and he also narrated the emerging trends in banking business.
- He spoke on the role of public sector banks, and private sectors banks in the development of Indian economy.
- He underlined different types of banks and their functions in detail to the students.
- Various types of loans available to the agricultural sectors were suggested by giving suitable examples such as NABARD and cooperative banks.
- The recent changes in the banking services such as Online banking, Net banking, Mobile banking and their importance were given to the students.
- The modern banking practices such as merchant banking, mutual funds and underwriting of business shares were also explained in detail.
- The role of Reserve Bank of India and its functions were also explained.
- Self- employed loan, educational loan, self-help group loan and other types of loans and advances and their availability were better understood by the students.
- Apart from the conventional banking practices, different types of investment plans were also explained.