Plan, guide and monitor the quality assurance and quality enhancement efforts of Selvamm Arts and Science College, through conscious, consistent and catalyse activities to accomplish the vision and mission of the College
Internal Quality Assurance Cell (IQAC) is the quality ensuring body of the college, structured as per the UGC recommendations. It performs various activities like quality management to sustain and improve the quality parameter in various activities taken place in the college. It extends its suggestions and recommendations for conducting special lectures, seminars and conferences by the departments. IQAC organizes FDP programme and awareness programmes.
It assures quality teaching-learning process. It documents various activities and achievements of faculty members and students. It also evaluates the students’ feedback for reformation in academics and for quality improvement. The cell takes care of the following: use of modern teaching aids, laboratory manuals, innovative teaching practices, and special classes for slow learners, syllabus coverage, laboratory records, attendance of students, Micro-Quality Circle meeting, mini projects by students, industrial internship undergone by students, guest lectures arranged, industrial visits carried out and student’s performance records.
IQAC releases newsletter, namely “Concord” as a biannual issue. It also organizes various academic meetings like Board of Studies, Governing Body meetings to design curriculum in order to favour the autonomous status of the college.
Strategies of IQAC
- IQAC is set up to ensure timely, active and consistent progress of academic disciplines.
- Ensuring regular updating of academic files and others
- Monitoring the activities of various committees and cells periodically
- Ensuring the quality initiatives with the institutional policies
Functions of IQAC
- Guide to Conduct Board of Studies, Academic Council and Governing Body Meetings every year
- Conducting orientation programmes for fresh students and FDP for faculty members
- Preparing Annual plan, Five year plan and also Academic Calendar
- Setting up of Benchmarks, updation of syllabus and recommending for required infrastructure
- Implementation and adherence of newer technologies
- Quality initiatives including KPIs
- Reformation of evaluation pattern, course pattern and syllabi
- Organizing NAAC sponsored seminars, conferences etc
- Collecting and analyzing the feedback from Students, Parents, Alumni and stake holders
- Encouraging and supervising the implementation of the action plan of different departments.
- Guidance to the placement cell for conducting Aptitude test and personality development programmes.
- Promoting quality enhancement and sustenance measures.
- Promoting Research through Selvamm Research Association (SRA).
- Initiation of Selvamm Incubation Centre (SIC)
- Publishing news letter – CONCORD
- Preparing Annual report & College Magazine -SELVITES
- Organizing inter department quality and culture promoting programmes.
- Documentation of all the activities and programmes for measuring quality and further improvements.
- Acting as centric board of the institution for conducting quality related activities.
- Preparation of the Annual Quality Assurance Report (AQAR) as per guidelines and parameters of NAAC, to be submitted to NAAC annually
- Implementing Extension activities: Suggestion was given by IQAC to inculcate a New Component in the curriculum of all the UG and PG Programmes Named Empowering Rural People (ERP) from the academic year 2012-13
- Suggested to inculcate value system in the curriculum through “Values for Life” from 2012-13
- Communicative English classes are conducted and monitored
- Implement changes in the curriculum based on the feedback from the students, alumni, parent, teachers every year
- Follow the departments to offer skill based courses for the fast learners and Remedial courses for the slow learners
- Arrange for Internal and external academic auditing